Low performace after vm migration

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DavideR, Apr 14, 2022.

1. DavideR

DavideR Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,
    last week I've migrate ISP VM fro vmware to proxmox hypervisor. I've no problem to boot VM and all service running, but I've a low performance on all domains on it.
    Only page that don't have any issues is admin page, it load instantly.
    the booting time of vm as 3sec after grub and no apparently error.
    On my "blog" hosted on it the loading time for homepage is about 5second, and the first post load after 3-4sec. next refresh or page opened is load immediately. If i restore the esxi vm all work good.
    What going wrong?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

There are a lot of variables. You could run some benchmarks and see how the CPU and especially disk I/o compare. You might need to tune the database. Filesystems can matter, especially in the underlying storage of the host.

3. DavideR

How to performer?
    The host is the same, I've only change hypervisor.
    And move the datastore from iscsi to nfs.
    Other machine that I've are not affected.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That might be the reason. The hard disk performance is now probably much lower than before.

5. DavideR

I've Lost to inform you that I've tryed to move it to pve disk, its nvme, but same result.

6. till

Have you tested if name resolution from within the VM still works correctly? and you should try to test the speed of the hard disk inside the VM.

7. DavideR

For name resolution iwill check later. For the test of disk inside vm what tool ive to use?

8. till

There are various ways to do this, you can e.g. use the dd command. There are plenty of tutorials on the internet on how to benchmark disk performance.

9. DavideR

Hi,
    i've tested the disk and this is the result
    administrator@cloudy:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.02829 s, 1.0 GB/s
    administrator@cloudy:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test2.img bs=512 count=1000 oflag=dsync
    1000+0 records in
    1000+0 records out
    512000 bytes (512 kB, 500 KiB) copied, 0.358876 s, 1.4 MB/s

administrator@cloudy:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test2.img bs=1000000 count=1000 oflag=dsync
    1000+0 records in
    1000+0 records out
    1000000000 bytes (1.0 GB, 954 MiB) copied, 1.29072 s, 775 MB/s

10. DavideR

UPDATE:
    today I've spent some time on it and after update seems to be work correctly.
    But now when i trying to update ispconfig to latest version i get PHP Curl module is missing, but is installed.

11. till

12. DavideR

Solved by restore repository for multiversion PHP and set default php to v7.3, after this all update work correctly.

thank's for support