Magento issue for instalation.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ole Vangen, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ole Vangen

Ole Vangen Member

Hi I have a Debian ISpconfig3 server

I have created a site with php7 and Fast CGI.
    I first tried to install it using ASP but it failed.
    I then uploaded the files with ftp and planned to installed in using the web.(old fashion way )
    when I enter the /setup/ folder from my browser I get this msg.

Autoload error
    Vendor autoload is not found. Please run 'composer install' under application root directory.
    (This is naturally what I do not want to do because I dont have composer installed IF I had composer installed I could install Magento using composer from command line.)

Anyone that has a solution I can use? :D.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

never had any problems installing magento. create the website/database in ispconfig as normal.
    usually, I just ssh to the server using the account created during the server install and sudo to root.
    switch to the website's root folder, wget the magento zip/tar file, extract it, then run: chown -R web#:client# *
    then just continue the install as per the magento install instructions.
    (I would only install it on it's own server though, it's way more resource heavy than wordpress/joomla etc. wouldn't trust it on a shared hosting server unless you've got a really big server, or it's a very infrequently visited site)

I don't know what you used to ftp the files to the server, I've noticed quite often with FileZilla, If there's lots of little files/folders, (which there definitely is with magento), it doesn't always upload every single file, it misses quite a lot of them, but doesn't indicate any issues/failures with the upload. the method above avoids any such issue.

you can install nodejs/npm and composer and make them available to jailkitted ssh users. done that on our own servers. I know I've posted the jailkit config I've used for them in replies to some threads on here. a quick search for node / composer should find them.

3. nhybgtvfr

in jk_init.ini:
    Code:
    [node]
    comment = NodeJS
    executables = /usr/bin/npm, /usr/bin/node, /usr/bin/nodejs, /usr/local/bin/elmi-to-json
    directories = /usr/share/npm, /usr/lib/nodejs, /usr/local/lib/node_modules

[composer]
    comment = composer
    executables = /usr/bin/composer
    directories = /usr/share/doc/composer

i'm assuming you'll want nodejs/npm as well at some point, everyone wanting to use composer on our servers has.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  4. McLure

McLure Member

Any command for plain install of Composer 1.1.x ??
    Ubuntu 18.04 php7.2

5. nhybgtvfr

apt-get install composer

although i don't think that'll give you any options on what version gets installed.

otherwise, download and run the installer: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-composer-on-ubuntu-20-04
    process should be exactly the same for 18.04
    if you open the installer file before running it, it shows the cli options that can be given to it, specifically:

6. McLure

McLure Member

Thanx.
    Is it the "composer-setup.php" I edit before installing?
    Sorry, I'm new to this..
    $check = in_array('--check', $argv);
    $help = in_array('--help', $argv);
    $force = in_array('--force', $argv);
    $quiet = in_array('--quiet', $argv);
    $channel = 'stable';
    if (in_array('--snapshot', $argv)) {
    $channel = 'snapshot';
    } elseif (in_array('--preview', $argv)) {
    $channel = 'preview';
    } elseif (in_array('--1', $argv)) {
    $channel = '1';
    } elseif (in_array('--2', $argv)) {
    $channel = '2';
    }

7. nhybgtvfr

i dont think you need to edit any files.
    if you follow the install instructions in the link i posted, the command:
    Code:
    sudo php composer-setup.php --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer

would become:
    Code:
    sudo php composer-setup.php --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer  --1

or
    Code:
    sudo php composer-setup.php --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer --version="1.1.x"

McLure likes this.