Mail delay sending to my server

Discussion in 'General' started by MartyS, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Hi,

If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated. As of last week I've had some complaints that emails sent to my email server (ispconfig2) are not leaving the queue of the sending servers. I restarted ispconfig after a few notifications and then watched the mail.log and our spam filter. After an average of 3000 emails a day for the next couple days I figured it couldn't be our mail server and asked that they resend the emails while I watched the mail.log file for the connections. Nothing showed up in the logs from the delayed emails domains.

I checked my mx records and everything looks in order since nothing has changed for much for a few years. (ispconfig has ran great for us) I've watched the tail of the mail.log file on an off for the last few days and still nothing from the email servers that were queued for us.

My question is this, How would I know they even connect to my server if nothing is showing in any of the mail logs? If it connects to my mail server it should be noted in a log somewhere? I've checked the mail.log, mail.err, mail.warn, syslog but nothing from the IP or domain of the sender.

Thanks
    Marty

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. MartyS

MartyS New Member

I've checked it. I'm not blacklisted and the senders there are three that I know of are not blacklisted. I've used mxtools to test my server and everything checks out in the smtp test. The confusing part is that the server processes a lot of mail with no problem.

Anyway, I thought there might be a postfix or ispconfig log file I was missing. I'm guessing from your reply there isn't.

Thanks,
    Marty

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Have you tried to contact the administrators of the sending servers? Maybe they can find something in the mail log.