Mail Exchanger Multi Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Systech, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Systech

Systech New Member

We have a running multi server environment. Now we add 2 new mail servers only for forwarding/receiving emails from clients with their own exchange servers. I add the to servers (mx1 and mx2), the domain and the destination (transport) IP to the e-Mail routing. The test mail failed and I found this error:
    mx1 postfix/proxymap[1161540]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: SSL connection error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf lookup error for "*"
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf lookup error for "*"
    mx1 postfix/proxymap[1161540]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: SSL connection error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: virtual_alias_domains: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_domains.cf: table lookup problem
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: virtual_alias_domains lookup failure
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: virtual_alias_domains: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_domains.cf: table lookup problem
    mx1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1161539]: warning: virtual_alias_domains lookup failuremx1 postfix/proxymap[1161540]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: SSL connection error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths faile

Why tried postfix to lookup the domain from the local mysql server and not from the main database? The sol connection between the main server and all the other servers (ns, database..) a secure with SSL.

Any idea?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Don't add a mail domain when you want to forward emails to an exchange system. Just add the transport and the relay recipient.

3. Systech

Systech New Member

I don’t add a mail domain, only the transport and the relay recipient. But at the relay I forgot the leading @domain.tld. After I have corrected this, only this error message is displayed:
    mx2 postfix/proxymap[17574]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: SSL connection error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed
    mx2 postfix/smtpd[17185]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_client.cf lookup error for "mail eopbgr150135.outbound.protection.outlook.com"
    mx2 postfix/smtpd[17185]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-eopbgr150135.outbound.protection.outlook.com[40.107.15.135]: 451 4.3.5 <mail-eopbgr150135.outbound.protection.outlook.com[40.107.15.135]>: Client host rejected: Server configuration error;

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Sounds like you have a bad ssl/certificate setup in mysql.