mail filter - multiple filter options

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by crypted, Aug 22, 2010.

1. crypted

crypted Member

I would like to suggest expanding the MAIL FILTER option that is available to each mailbox inside ISPCONFIG's panel.

Right now, you must select either a SUBJECT, FROM, or TO address for filtering.

I find it useful to allow for something to filter out SUBJECT and FROM.

Example: Everyone is annoyed when older, new email users forward crap all the time. It would be great to be able to add a filter so that any email from GRANDMA with the subject containing "FW:" could be MOVED to a specific folder like JUNK, TRASH, FW EMAIL, or GRANDMA.

2. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I think this would be an email client function rather than a server function. Squirrelmail can do this by setting up Message Filters for each mailbox.

3. crypted

crypted Member

I beg to differ. Under each Mailbox, you can setup filters to allow for filtering out of ANY Subject/FROM/To information. It would just require adding additional filter options to the already present form.

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Not sure what you mean. I have in Squirrelmail under Options > Message Filters the option to match any From/To/CC/Subject/Header that contains (whatever) and move it to any folder. So "From: Grandma" is automatically delivered to the "Grandma" folder if I so choose. This might be a plug-in to Squirrelmail though and not in the default install.

Maybe you mean have multiple rules? Like if from = grandma AND subject contains FW: ? That could be done with some hacking of the Squirrelmail plugins.

Installed Plugins
    1. spamassassin
    2. translate
    3. junkfolder
    4. filters
    5. squirrelspell
    6. advanced_settings
    7. reply_buttons
    8. abook_import_export
    9. add_address
    10. archive_mail
    11. compose_chars
    12. html_mail
    13. spamcop
    14. autorespond
    15. sent_subfolders
    16. folder_sizes
    17. extract
    18. show_thumb
    19. message_details
    20. abook_take
    21. lockout
    22. squirrel_logger
    23. quicksave
    24. sent_confirmation
    25. view_as_html
    26. select_language
    27. download_all
    28. spam_buttons
    29. compatibility
    30. empty_folders

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  5. crypted

crypted Member

Go to "Email"
    Go to "Email Mailbox"
    Click on a Mailbox you setup
    Click "Mail Filter"

I'm saying that should be expanded. Most of us don't rely on webmail. And, we have Outlook and webmail. It would be good to have a better ability for multi-variables in the filtration.

6. schickel

schickel New Member

Did anyone knows the roundcube-plugin managesieve? Here you can set filter from the mailheader, like X-SPAM and so on...

Something like this would be great.

See attached screenshots...

Attached Files: