Mail forwarding not working

Discussion in 'General' started by MrM, Sep 17, 2009.

1. MrM

MrM New Member

Hi,

I have set up an e-mail forward in ISPConfig 3.0.1.3 under Email > Email Accounts > Email Forward, but it doesn't seem to work (i.e. I never receive the message to the destination address).

This is what I see in the logs, after sending a test e-mail:
    Code:
    Sep 17 15:24:41 prod postfix/smtpd[13991]: C503A1CF1EA: client=mail-bw0-f206.google.com[209.85.218.206]
    Sep 17 15:24:41 prod postfix/cleanup[14349]: C503A1CF1EA: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Sep 17 15:24:41 prod postfix/qmgr[2245]: C503A1CF1EA: from=<from@address>, size=1781, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Sep 17 15:24:41 prod postfix/pipe[14350]: C503A1CF1EA: to=<forwarded@address>, relay=maildrop, delay=0.24, delays=0.17/0.01/0/0.06, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via maildrop service)
    Sep 17 15:24:41 prod postfix/qmgr[2245]: C503A1CF1EA: removed
    The destination address isn't even mentioned in the logs.

Courier, clamav and spamassassin are not running, only postfix is. The destination address is not local, it is hosted on Google Apps.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The destination email address is mentioned in the log, it is: forwarded@address and this address is on the local mail system.

3. MrM

MrM New Member

It is neither mentioned nor local. There are three addresses in this process: the sender, the forwarded address and the final recipient. The sender is listed in the logs as "from@address", the forwarded address as "forwarded@address" and the final recipient is never even mentioned. Only the forwarded address is local, both the sender and final recipient are remote.

4. MrM

MrM New Member

Anyone?

If I need to provide more information, just tell me what, and I will.

5. splattner

splattner New Member

same problem here

I Have one email domain "domain1.ch".
    there is one email forward "[email protected]" to "[email protected]".

Here's my Mail log:

It gets delivered via maildrop instead of the forwarding to [email protected].
    And the mail ist in the /var/vmail/domain1.ch/webmaster Folder

returns the correct [email protected] Adress.

What's wrong? It's almost a standard setup of ISPconfig, I just removed the contentfilter because I use ASSP

6. splattner

splattner New Member

solved!

Because I removed the content filter, there was a small Error.
    make sure to remove also the:

when not using the content filter (because there will be no adress mapping and therefore the forwardings aren't working)

allright? =)

pvanthony likes this.
  7. MrM

MrM New Member

Thank you very much, splattner! That solved the problem for me too.