mail from a form

Discussion in 'General' started by cnocera, Sep 25, 2008.

1. cnocera

cnocera New Member

The web site for domain yyy.com is on an ispconfig server (centOS). The domain email accounts are on another server. Mail from a form (PHP) will not be delivered to this domain (yyy.com) but will be delivered to all other addresses. The log entry is:
    <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
    I set the domain to use an External Mail Server but it still does not send the messages. I don't think that I can put the same address on this server since it exists on the other.

Is there a way for mail addressed to [email protected] to be delivered?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you select "External Mail Server" for the Co-Domains as well? Please keep in mind that yyy.com and www.yyy.com are two totally different things (technically spoken).

3. cnocera

cnocera New Member

Yes, I set External Mail server for the domain and co-domains.

4. falko

Are www.yyy.com and yyy.com still listed in /etc/postfix/local-host-names?
    Any errors in your mail log?

5. cnocera

cnocera New Member

Falko, thank you.

Removing the domain from the etc/postfix/local-host-names file allowed the mail to get through.

But when any change is made on the ispconfig control panel, the domain is re-written to the file. Is there a way to not allow this single domain to be re-written?

6. falko

And you are absolutely sure that you've set www.yyy.com and yyy.com to "External Mailserver" in ISPConfig?