Mail import tool ispconfig 3.1 - SOLVED

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by kisote, Feb 15, 2017.

1. kisote

kisote New Member

Hello.
    Currently I have two multiserver installations, the old one with ISPconfig (3.0.5.4p9) in Debian 7 and the new one, with ispconfig 3.1.2 in Ubuntu 16.04. I want to perform a manual migration of the mail data (only account names and passwords).
    In the past I used de mail import tool that comes with ISPconfig without problems. I've created a remote user in the old server and when I try to connect then in the new server gives me an error: CSRF attempt blocked.
    What I missed up?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the file:

/usr/local/ispconfig/security/security_settings.ini

on the new server and set:

ids_enabled=no
    sql_scan_enabled=no

and try the import again. You can change the settings back to their original values after import.

3. kisote

kisote New Member

Hi Till.
    Thanks for your reply. I tried it but not working... same error.
    It's possible that the error is a consequence of php7 and the self signed certificate?

4. till

Then there might be a bug in the script. I've added it to the bug tracker.

5. kisote

kisote New Member

Hi again.

I don't see any progress in the bug tracker:
    https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4528

If there is a test or a debug that I can do to help solve this, please, tell me.

Meanwhile, I need to perform a migration from a multiserver enviroment to another. I bought the ISPconfig Migration Tool, but It seems that not work to my specific case (multiserver to multiserver). What can I do?

6. till

There are quite a few bugreports that are on our list, so it may take some tie until this bugreport gets handled. As you can see in the bugtracker, it is scheduled for the 3.2 release in April.

The Migration tool works fine for the migration from one multiserver setup to another multiserver setup. Start the tool on the old node that shall be migrated, it will ask for the master server of the other multiserver setup and then list you all available nodes of that other multiserver setup so you can choose where to migrate the data to.

7. kisote

kisote New Member

Hi Till. Thanks for your reply.
    The first question is where is the mail data is stored (/var/vmail). However, in my master server (the source where execute the script) that directory is not exists and not let me continue. The mail server is another node. Shall I create this folder to continue?

I'm sorry, questions related to ISPconfig Migration Tool might be better in another thread...

8. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you have no mail on the master, you can use /var/vmail during the migration. At the end of the migraton-run you will get a commands-file for each destination-server. If you have mail on one server, you (hopefully) did not see any "copy mail" in one of the command-files.

9. till

The source server where you run the script is the slave server were the data resides, not the master. Execute the tool on the slave that shall be migrated and not the master.

10. kisote

kisote New Member

Hi again.
    It seems that all my problems with de migration plugin and the mail import tools are because the combination of php-soap and self signed certificate on the source. I've reinstalled php-soap and disabling ssl and now both methods seem work ok.

So, I think there is no bug in Mail Import Tool...

Thanks a lot for your help.

till likes this.