mail log error

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cruz, Sep 10, 2008.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I configured my mail (Set Up Postfix For Relaying Emails Through Another Mailserver) now i am getting an error message in my mail log.
    HTML:
    Sep 10 14:23:34 server1 postfix/smtp[2887]: 382592B0317: to=<[email protected]>, relay=smtp.att.yahoo.com[66.196.96.87]:25, delay=27, delays=0.16/0.21/26/0.23, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host smtp.att.yahoo.com[66.196.96.87] said: 553 From: address not verified; see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
    is this because it wants to use port 553? Can someone please help?

2. jon

jon Member

Yahoo will not allow you to relay email through them, period.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

email relay

Do you know who I can use?

4. jon

jon Member

you can probably set up your gmail accounts and use that. There should be information on google's site about using either imap or pop3. I believe it ends up that they handle the MX for your domain, and you can send through them.

5. cruz

cruz New Member

gmail working, but need to change the from

I got the gmail to work however when I get the email it has the gmail user name on the email. Is there a way to spoof the email name to show my sites email name? like [email protected] instead of [email protected]. Thanks

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

7. cruz

cruz New Member

relay email and the from address wrong

I can not use my isp (a&tt dsl) because it bounces. So I used gmail, but it changes it to my gmail email address. Is there another email provider that I can forward thought that will not change the email address of my domain to there domain?

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Try another freemail provider. Most of them have FAQs that tell you if you can relay through them.