Mail loops back to my self from backup mx

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rob_morin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

For some reason this below email is getting this error when hitting my secondary mx. works fine on primary and teh secondary mx looksup email stuff directly to mail2(primary mx)
    Only 2 domains have this issue, any reason why?

Thanks..

Jul 7 11:32:32 mx2 postfix/smtp[4732]: 7F062120021: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mx2.dido.ca[216.252.82.49]:25, delay=1.4, delays=0.57/0.06/0.81/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for streetforce.ca loops back to myself)
    Jul 7 11:32:32 mx2 postfix/smtp[4732]: 7F062120021: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mx2.dido.ca[216.252.82.49]:25, delay=1.4, delays=0.57/0.06/0.81/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for streetforce.ca loops back to myself)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The two mail servers are setup as ispconfig mirror?

3. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

4. till

Is any of the affected domains listed in postfix main.cf or /etc/mailname on the backup server? Is the dns of both domains ok (priority of primary and secondary are in the right order)?

5. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Only the backup mx server name(mx2) is in /etc/mailname and main.cf. The backup MX order is of a lower number on both domains for mx2.

6. till

That should be fine.

I have not used the setup that Florian has built there, so I cant tell you whats wrong in details. maybe @florian030 is able to help you with that.

7. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I used this setup a while ago. Due to dovecot's dsync i don't need a backup-mx anymore. You can use the setup but do not install ispconfig on the backup-mx. You need a very plain postfix-config

8. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Hey Florin, It's weird that it only happens to a couple domains.... and the other 200 domains are fine. I do have ispconfig on that machine as it is also out secondary DNS machine, so removing ispconfig is not an option. I am not sure what ispconfig would have to do with it? As i followed your tutorial by the letter... But anyways i will figure it out and get back to you.....

Thanks for all your help