mail not arriving to postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by netweblogic, Dec 18, 2008.

1. netweblogic

netweblogic New Member

Hello,

I had a simple setup using postfixadmin, postfix and dovecot on a Fedora 9 box which I wanted to add spam and virus checking to (don't think it did it to begin with).

I followed the tutorial, Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora 8) and by the end of it my mail was not being received.

Say my server is called server.domain.tld, and I had another domain pointing to it, otherdomain.tld . Previously, [email protected] worked fine and I could send mail via my mail client no problem and receive them too. Now, I can send mail but there is no sign in the logs of a mail being received.

However, if I mail [email protected], I do see a mail receipt on the logs. I haven't touched DNS settings etc. any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check the MX record:
    Code:
    dig mx otherdomain.tld

3. netweblogic

netweblogic New Member

Thanks for the reply falco, didn't know that command!

I didn't touch the DNS records, however they do go through an mxav1 first which I think my ISP scans for viruses before routing it to my server. I bet that's the culprit so I'll chase that up first.