Mail not being delivered from PHP scripts

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by robba_duck, Nov 11, 2007.

1. robba_duck

robba_duck New Member

HI i have an ispconfig install on suse 10,2

I am trying to setup a forum PHPBB,

If i send an e-mail from [email protected] using outlook it will be delivered to where ever i send it (hotmail for example)

But when the script sends out e-mails they do not get delivered?

It sends mail locally so i know the script is working!
    I checked mail log and

Nov 11 18:00:11 saturn postfix/local[17522]: 96B6C1982F2: to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=0.24, delays=0.19/0.02/0/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
    Nov 11 18:00:11 saturn postfix/qmgr[16817]: 96B6C1982F2: removed
    So this bit above is ok
    Nov 11 18:00:13 saturn postfix/smtp[17504]: 42B571982F0: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.244.136]:25, delay=1.9, delays=0.18/0.03/0.95/0.69, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 <[email protected]> Queued mail for delivery)

And the last bit seems ok to, but i do not get any messages delivered to the [email protected] mail box???

Why would it work from outlook but not a php script?

2. chipsafts

chipsafts New Member

do not use hotmail for testing your email scripts. Their configuration is so whacky that many legitimate emails just get junked from them *after they acknowledge receipt*.

Use a different email domain to test your script, preferably not one of the major freebies (though Yahoo has given me the least problems).

3. robba_duck

robba_duck New Member

pointers?

Any pointers on how to get hotmail to accept my messages?

man this is so complicated! what have i got my self in to lol!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. chipsafts

chipsafts New Member

what we did is create an email file that was placed on the email server, where a cron job picked it up and did a
    cat "file" | /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
    (i left out some variables from the above line)