mail not sending to gmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Md. Mohib Billah, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Dear Till,
    How are u? I was setup fresh perfect server and using email feature. When sending email to any gmail address message not sending. Please see this undelivered error message
    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.24.27] said:
    550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information or fails
    to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks. To best protect our users from
    spam, the 550-5.7.26 message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.26
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 550
    5.7.26 information. n66si37255584pfd.186 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
    command)

Please help me to solve this issue.
    Thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are more people on this forum than just Till ;)
    They refer to this page in the error message: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication
    On that page, you can read the sender guidelines. You should have a SPF, DKIM, and DMARC record. Your mailserver needs a reverse DNS record for the IP aswell, with the hostname of the mail server.

3. tijme vervoort

tijme vervoort New Member

when i want to add the dmarc record i get the error of that there is no active spf record eventhough there is

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How did you add DMARC?
    How did you verify there is active SPF? Is it for the intended domain name? Did you verify also from outside your organization SPF is visible?

5. tijme vervoort

i use the dns
    i use the dns from inside ispconfig and when i try to add a dmarc it just gives me an error that the spf record does not exists and when i clcik on it again the domain is gone from the dmarc eventhoug it was there before hand
    before clicking save
    upload_2023-12-19_15-19-32.png
    after clicking save
    upload_2023-12-19_15-20-2.png

Attached Files:

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. tijme vervoort

here is my dns records do you find something wrong with this or not upload_2023-12-20_8-28-38.png

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

9. tijme vervoort

tankyou very much till for the explanation did not know this

10. tijme vervoort

well i dont get the error anymore i get this with my email and i dont know how to fix this issue till can you help me with this everytime i want to sent a email from ispconfig to my gmail it stays in the mail queu with this in it upload_2023-12-20_9-3-8.png

11. till

12. tijme vervoort

till likes this.
  13. tijme vervoort

i made the thread in instalation and confuration in ispconfig 3

14. tijme vervoort

@till we have fixed the issue of receiving and sending mail but this goes through port 25 and 110 what i want to do is that the mails go through port 587 and 995 how do i do this in ispconfig

15. till

You mix up some things here. Mail servers always communicate on port 25 with each other, so when your mail server tries to deliver an email to e.g. gmail, it will always contact gmail mail server on port 25. Only mail clients (your email application) uses port 587 for mail delivery, servers do not use that port for inter server connects. And if port 587 is used by your mail client or not depends on you (what you entered in your mail client when adding the mail account) and not on ISPConfig.

Jeremy007 likes this.