Mail Quota Problems

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by iyeat, Jan 22, 2008.

1. iyeat

iyeat New Member

Greetings all,

I followed, step by step, the How-To called "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora 8)." It is a great guide and got me exactly what I'd been looking for for ages!

When I brought the server up in production, though, I had one major problem. I had set all of my user's mail quota values to "0", thinking that this would equate to an "unlimited" mail quota. We don't want to check quotas now, but I wanted to build in the ability to do so in case we ever changed our business practices.

So when I brought my server online, I sent a couple of test mails and everything seemed to be working brilliantly. Then, after about 24 hours of use, (and after all of my user's imap mail had been transferred to the new server), all of my user's mail began to bounce with emails indicating that the user's mail was over quota!

In the mean time, I've switched all of the quota values to the maximum under the setup (2GB), however I would like to be able to set an unlimited mail quota. Can someone guide me as to the proper quota value that equates to an unlimited quota?

Thanks!

Caio

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'd simply use a large value, e.g. 10GB. I don't think you'll ever come close to it.

3. iyeat

iyeat New Member

So, just me being my anal retentive self, there's no "unlimited" quota option?

Caio

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Not that I know... :eek: