Mail quote in ISPconfig calculate Wrong

Discussion in 'General' started by Donno, Apr 25, 2019.

  1. Donno

    Donno Member

    I have recently bought ispmigrate and uses the ispcopy to move servers in less than a hour.Thank you ISPconfig for the awesome tool !

    When i log onto ispconfig -> email -> mail quota it shows one of my clients mailbox size is 626.19 MB when it is actually well over 9GB. Web site quota's match pretty well.I have recently migrated servers but think this problem is not from migrations as on the old server i also had this problem.

    Before using ispconfig i had used dovecot and postfix and quota.I have copied these mail directories straight into ispconfig after creating the mail accounts.i think it is only calculating new mails. Any help please ?

    I have checked server for errors and resync in ISPconfig. Crontab -e shows and is running. In each maildir there is .quatausage files, permision is vmail:vmail 600
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  3. progressed36

    progressed36 Member

    I have the same problem (1 user only). Limit is set on 2500MB and that page says its 88Kb used but its nearing 2Gb.

    Running the above command did not solve the issue.
  4. bILLY.G

    bILLY.G New Member

    Hello all,
    I have the same problem, and running the command didn't slove it.
  5. rainernix

    rainernix New Member

    Do you have an entry "mail_plugins = quota" in the "dovecot.conf" file?
  6. bILLY.G

    bILLY.G New Member

    Yes, I have it. I wonder what kind of thing generates .quotausage file in /var/vmail/domain.tld/emailuser
    # cat .quotausage
    It seems the quota is reading from there.
  7. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    That is calculated by dovecot. You can enforce that dovecot recalculates it:

    doveadm quota recalc -u [email protected]

    or for all users:

    doveadm quota recalc -A
    Th0m likes this.
  8. bILLY.G

    bILLY.G New Member

    I have already run this but on first look, nothing changed. Today randomly I checked the mail quota and all are calculated okay. I am not sure did the command helps and needs more time to update or if some automated job in the background of ISPConfig fixed this.
  9. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    The command fixed it, but ISPConfig does not load the quota stats in realtime.
    ahrasis likes this.

Share This Page