Mail recieving problem

Discussion in 'General' started by luchs3, Feb 26, 2008.

1. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

Hi,

I have a big problem with my ISPconfig installation.
    One customer can't recieve some Mails.

The problem is, they send the mail to the correct Mail address.
    But in the log Files changed the email adress from [email protected] to asdf@servername.

The Postfix rejects the Mail of course.
    The sender is a big IT-Group, so I don't think that this is the problem.

I would be really happy about some help.

Thanks Niko

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is ok that the mail address changes to the servername, as postfix will accept emails for the servername. Please post the exact lines that appear in the mail log file.

3. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

It should be heinzi@hisdomain.

Code:
    Feb 27 01:10:20 web postfix/smtpd[2440]: connect from warsXXXXXekom.at[195.3.96.77]
    Feb 27 01:10:20 web postfix/smtpd[2440]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from warsXXXXXekom.at[195.3.96.77]: 550 5.1.1 <heinzi@servername>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<[email protected]> to=<heinzi@servername> proto=ESMTP helo=<email.aon.at>
    Feb 27 01:10:20 web postfix/smtpd[2440]: disconnect from warXXXXXekom.at[195.3.96.77]

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is servername listed in /etc/postfix/local-host-names? What's in /etc/postfix/virtusertable?

5. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

The Servername and the domainname are listed in the local-host-names.
    The Mail- Address is in the virtusertable

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the servername is listed exactly as shown in the mail log error message. For example, example.com and www.example.com are technically spoken two different things.