Mail server configuration issue

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mag3584, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mag3584

mag3584 New Member

Hi, this is my first post, I´m new both in the forum and in server administration :p
    I was following the steps on how to configure a mail server and got stacked here... (allready installed mysql....) (Full Mail Server Solution w/ Virtual Domains & Users - Page 02 (MySQL & NFS))
    Following this scheme and replacing user and admin and respective passwords, it got messed like this:
    # mysql -uroot -p
    Enter password:
    mysql> CREATE DATABASE virtual_mail;
    mysql> GRANT SELECT ON virtual_mail.* TO 'vmail_user'@'mx-1.example.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'vmail_user_password';
    mysql> GRANT SELECT,UPDATE,INSERT ON virtual_mail.* TO 'vmail_admin'@'mx-1.example.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'vmail_admin_password'; (here after i insert admin´s password i get in the following line , this arrow)
    -> (and I don´t know what to do!! :p)
    I would appreciate any help ... I know this must be a silly question.... sorry for this. Thanks again

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You ran
    Code:
    mysql> GRANT SELECT,UPDATE,INSERT ON virtual_mail.* TO 'vmail_admin'@'mx-1.example.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'vmail_admin_password';
    and then you entered a password?

3. mag3584

mag3584 New Member

That was solved. Thanks for your time. However, i find myself in trouble when trying to install postfixadmin. I´ve tried followign the guide provided here ,but it wouldnt work.... i cant even donwload it. Have you any idea on how to do it? Im working an a text mode debian, no graphic interface installed.....
    Thanks again.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Try
    Code:
    wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/postfixadmin/postfixadmin-2.2.1.1.tar.gz
    or if you want the .deb package:
    Code:
    wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/postfixadmin/postfixadmin_2.2.1.1_all.deb

5. mag3584

mag3584 New Member

Dear Falko, it worked, i managed to download it and install it. let´s see what´s up next. Thanks a lot.