Mail Server Setup With Exim, MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail On Centos 5.1

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Dutchy63, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Dutchy63

Dutchy63 New Member

I have followed the tutorial, and even redone the tutorial from scratch.
    The problem I am having is that mailboxes are not being created. The only error I can find is when an email is sent to an email account created on this server via Horde. I get message indicating mailbox is missing.

Also when I log into Horde with either the administrator login, or a user created using the admin login, and go to the inbox and message in a yellow box is displayed saying "Unable to retrieve quota".

I suspect the problem is with imap.conf.

In the tutorial it has the following parameters:
    servername: TDS-IMAP/POP3
    autocreate_sieve_script: /etc/default_sieve
    autocreate_sieve_compiledscript: /etc/default_sieve_script.bc

Should the servername parameter be changed, and if so to what?

The files referenced in the autocreate... parameters do not exist. Where can they be obtained from, and are they required?
    My understanding is that if they dont exist, then it is the same as if nothing is specified for them.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    :confused:

2. Dutchy63

Dutchy63 New Member

Silly me. The tutorial incorrectly says /etc/imap.conf.
    It should say /etc/imapd.conf.

Made that change, and all is good.

3. Dutchy63

Dutchy63 New Member

More problems now

After sorting the above, it all seemed ok.

However I am now getting the following when trying to login to Horde:
    Oct 03 09:07:53 HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for [email protected] [x.x.x.x] to Horde [on line 90 of "/usr/share/horde/login.php"]
    Oct 03 09:08:45 HORDE [error] [horde] Error retrieving session data (id = hs4s45qs11nbh95j9e3e71j504): Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction [on line 110 of "/usr/share/horde/lib/Horde/SessionHandler/mysql.php"]

I have dropped and recreated the horde database, and still get the above error.

I need help please.

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

Thats a problem accessing the sql database to store or retrieve session data double check that the user has access to those tables.

5. keyanooty

keyanooty New Member

Regarding increse the speed on postfix to sending the emails

Hi

we are sending the news letters using php programme. right now in a 5 sec 100 emails are going out . this thing i wanna make 2 or 3 sec . could you please help me .

Regards
    keyan

6. Dutchy63

Dutchy63 New Member

The following is what Iget when I check horde's privileges:

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'horde'@'localhost';
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Grants for horde@localhost |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'horde'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '***********' |
    | GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX ON `horde`.* TO 'horde'@'localhost' |
    | GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `horde`.`turba_objects` TO 'horde'@'localhost' |
    | GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `horde`.`kronolith_storage` TO 'horde'@'localhost' |
    | GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `horde`.`kronolith_events` TO 'horde'@'localhost' |
    5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

So it should have access.
    Is there a log somewhere that I can check to get more information.? I have been through all the log in /var/log, and can find nothing relating to this.

Regards,
    Mark

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Not sure if this is a problem, but does the MySQL password contain any special characters?

8. Dutchy63

Dutchy63 New Member

Hi,
    No, the MySQL password just has alphanumeric characters in it.

The thing that puzzles me the most about this being a problem with the user accessing the database, is that it was working. Web access via Horde, and as POP3/IMAP server was working. To the best of my knowledge nothing changed between then, and my attempting to use it the next day, and encountering the above errors. But then they always famous last words "nothing has changed". Obviously something has to cause this problem.

Your help an suggestions so far are appreciated.

Mark

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Does your system maybe perform automatic updates?

10. gsp

gsp New Member

---I opened new thread as different subject..

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008