Mail settings disappeared after removing RBL's

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by babydunk, Feb 25, 2017.

1. babydunk

babydunk Member

Hello and thank you for the help in advanced.

i removed one of my RBL's and saved settings. i closed that page and went on about changing certs for ispconfig admin panel. i have since returned to the mail setting section and there are no settings. just a notice
    i can only find one thread for this matter on the forum with no guidance on how to fix. is there anyway to get the settings?

i use dovecot and postfix and i can still send and receive email but i just dont have uses of the Gui within Ispconfig admin panel for the mail settings

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. babydunk

babydunk Member

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which ISPConfig version do you use?

4. babydunk

babydunk Member

Good day Till :)

the server's on v3.1.2

5. till

1) Make a backup of the dbispconfig database, e.g. with phpmyadmin.
    2) take a look at the folder /var/backup/, there you should find a backup of ispconfig that was made during update to 3.1.2. If this update was from 3.1 or 3.1.1 to 3.1.2, then the data structure of the server config is compatible. The backup contains a sql file. Open that file with an editor and search for the insert line that inserts the record into the "server" table. Copy this line. Then delete the record in the server table of your current dbispconfig database and finally run the insert statement that you copied in phpmyadmin to insert the server config from the backup.

6. babydunk

babydunk Member

Thanks Till first class advice every time :D
    all settings are back and in place :D

i have one problem though. how do i save new or remove RBL's without running into this problem again??

7. babydunk

babydunk Member

oh no it doesn't seem to be fixed . i am getting lots of errors and outlook will not sync

8. till

I can't say wha you lost the config on RBL change, maybe some kind of race condition or unavailability of the mysql database during saving process.

The settings on the mail tab of system > server config show up correctly again? Maybe someone made changes to the system while the config was broken?

To be able to start nginx again, remove the symlink of the affected domain in the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ directory.

9. babydunk

babydunk Member

yes all the settings on the mail tab of system > server config show correctly now. i also did change a password on one of the mailboxes. that is how i discovered that i had a problem to begin with. but would changing a password of one mailbox cause problem for all other mailboxes?

i have since deleted the domain and all settings of the acccount i have changed the mailbox password on, if that makes sense. it was at the start of a new project so not a big deal to start over with.

10. babydunk

babydunk Member

Till you dont have to worry any more lol
    after hours searching out this problem it turns out that my workstation ip was block by fail2ban lol

Thank you for all your help again :D

till likes this.