mail undeliverable

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kuyaedz, Nov 13, 2005.

1. kuyaedz

kuyaedz New Member

I recently finished the HowTo on installing ISPConfig on Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy". Everything seems to be working fine. I've got apache serving a site, ssh works, ISPConfig works (and looks great).

My problem lies in recieving emails. I've created email accounts and I can send FROM the account (UebiMiau Wemail plugin) but I can't RECIEVE any emails. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction?

I've got every email port open & forwarded that I can think of (25, 993, 143, 110) so I don't know if thats the issue or if its something with the email handler on the incoming end.

Thanks in advance...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you checked the Maildir Checkbox in ISPCOnfig under Management > Server > Settings on the mail tab?

3. kuyaedz

kuyaedz New Member

Yes, I checked the Maildir box as instructed.. I'm not sure what else I'm missing..

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have a look at the mail log (/var/log/mail.log) if you have any errors there.

5. kuyaedz

kuyaedz New Member

this is the error from mail.log each time an email is sent to this address..

Nov 13 17:22:12 server1 courierpop3login: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Nov 13 17:22:12 server1 postfix/smtpd[7492]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Nov 13 17:22:12 server1 postfix/smtpd[7492]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]