Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by alexillsley, Jan 19, 2007.

1. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Hi,
    Where does the mail go before its sent? like which folder?
    Thanks,
    Alex

2. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

How do you submit mail? With a webclient, Outlook, Thunderbird? Do you use an option to store mail-sent? Do you use POP or IMAP?

It doesn't matter much, as postfix has it's own queue structures, with which you should not tamper with manually. Use 'postsuper' or 'postqueue' commands on the server to peek around.
    Hint: '#man postsuper' or '#man postqueue'

3. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Im talking about postfix. I stopped mail being sent from certain domains but then when i allow certain domains all the mail that was was trying to be sent whilst disabled all sends. Is there a folder with all the mail that is awaiting to be sent, so that i can delete the emails?
    Thanks,
    Alex

4. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

Please read my post carefully: DO NOT TAMPER YOURSELF INSIDE THE POSTFIX DIRECTORIES.

Please read about/use the commands I mentioned: postsuper and postqueue. Those command will do anything you want to do like cleanup old and forgotten messages.

5. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Thanks i can see the postqueue now:)

I have another question. I thought i could disable the sending of mail from certain domains by removing them from /etc/postfix/local-host-names

I thought that worked as i tested it last night but now it appears to work it must have been 1 slow test message or something. Is there any other way to stop a certain domains sending any emails?
    Thanks,
    Alex

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

/etc/postfix/local-host-names is only for receiving mail, not for sending.

Normally you use smtp-auth for this. But this wont work for local scripts like the mail function in PHP.