mail_forward_add - multiple domains

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Oct 7, 2022.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    once again i need some help understanding a function. The function "mail_forward_add" takes a array with the necessary options.
    Code:
    $params = array(
    'server_id' => 1,
    'source' => '[email protected]',
    'destination' => '[email protected]',
    'type' => 'forward',
    'active' => 'y'
    );

I need to hand over multiple destinations, how can i achieve this? Can i pass over an array for destinations? In the webinterface it is possible to set multiple destinations.

//Edit: Seems like it just takes a ',' seperated list for multiple destionations; trying and reporting back :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If "," does not work, try \n instead.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. pyte

That makes sense, however i didn't reach that point as of yet, because i don't understand the mail_domain table. Where is the relation to the customer in this table? The webinterface shows "Status, Customer, Server, Domain" under E-Mail Domains.

I need to get the customer_no from an mail domain, so i thought i could just grab it like this

-> $mr = mail_domain_get_by_domain(...)
    -> $cr = client_get(... $mr['client_id'] ...)

But $mr does infact not contain the client_id, it contains the sys_userid what confuses me is that the sys_userid that is in the db is always exactly "customer_id + 1";

i am a bit confused here, brain is lagging, can someone explain it for me?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most tables have the fields sys_user, sys_group, and sys_perm_*. This works similarly to Linux users file permissions. Each client has its own group in the sys_group table. To get the client of a mail domain, you must use the sys_groupid from mail_user table to look up the group in sys_group table and the sys_group table has a column for the client_id, which you can use to get the client record.

To get a client for an email domain:

Code:
    $domain = 'example.tld';
    $maildomain = $remote->mail_domain_get($session_id, 'domain' => $domain);
    $client = $remote->client_get_by_groupid($session_id, $maildomain['sys_groupid']);
    untested :)

That's by coincidence, the id's can differ completely.

pyte and ahrasis like this.
  5. pyte

Thank you for the explanation! :)