Mailbox quota and autoresponder

Discussion in 'General' started by Olgierd, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

When I login as a admin I can change settings for autoresponder but when
    i logn as a client I recive ERROR:

The max space for mailboxes is reached. The max. available space in MB is: 1000.

Mailbox quota is set on 150 MB, so I don't know what going on ? The mailbox is almost empty.

How to fix this problem :confused:

I need some help with this.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Set the mailbox quota limit of the cliend and / or reseller to a higher number.

3. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

when I change this the result is the same, only an ERROR show now:

The max space for mailboxes is reached. The max. available space in MB is: 1500.

4. till

You missed to edit one of the values. please check again.

5. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad New Member

Try setting the mailbox quota to -1 which should give it unlimited. If that clears the error messages then make sure the total mailbox quotas dont exceed that of the parent client/reseller.

6. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

This helped, thanks!

But, how to set property value of quota? I check client directories and size all of them is not over 2500 Mb. When I set value of qouta to 4500 Mb I have still that error.

7. oilyflutesalad

There are up to 3 places to set the mailbox quotas depending on your setup.

If you have a reseller with 3 clients, and each of those clients has 3 websites then quotas can start to get a bit complicated. You will need to make sure that the total of the 3 websites under each client is lower then the client quota first of all. Then you have to add up each of the client's quotas and make sure they are lower than the reseller quota.

In short, if the reseller had a quota of 5000Mb, one client has a quota of 2000Mb and you try to set a quota on a second client of 4500Mb, you will get an error because 6500Mb exceeds the total quota allowed for that reseller.

8. till

Additionally to oilyflutesalad answer, please post the exact ispconfig version you use. Some older releases had a "int" limit at 2 GB.

9. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

I have no reseller and I configure from admin account.
    I use ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 on Debian 5 OS.

10. oilyflutesalad

How many clients do you have, how many sites belong to each client, and what limit are you trying to set for each client and site?

11. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

I have about 100 clients, and some of them need 1Gb space, some 4Gb and some 10 Gb.