Mailbox quota notification is not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by martinhe, Jul 12, 2022.

1. martinhe

martinhe Member

"Mailbox quota notification" notifications have stopped working. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to solve this please? Which log to look in? Thank you.

I tried this:

[root@server~]# php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=100-mailbox_stats.inc.php
    finished cron debug.
    [root@server~]#

It didn't tell me anything.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How did you configure the system to send such mails?

3. martinhe

martinhe Member

What do you mean? I use SMTP. Notifications is set for daily reporting.

4. martinhe

martinhe Member

Do you mean this?

Screenshot_835.jpg Screenshsot_835.png

5. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

I don't use this function but while looking at this screenshot I think you need to enable "Use SMTP to send system mails:" checkbox in order to use an external SMTP server, don't you?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  6. martinhe

martinhe Member

This is not related, a few hours before the screenshot I tried to turn off SMTP to see if it would work at least through some PHP mail() function, but nothing. It was just a temporary experiment. The next day after the screenshot I turned it back on.

I also wondered if it would be worth trying update --force to see if that would help fix the problem.

7. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the logs to see if the emails were send out nightly. And check if there are mailboxes that are overquote ;)

8. martinhe

martinhe Member

I don't know exactly what you mean, but the SMTP mailbox as such works perfectly. I use it in my mail client. I send and receive mail.

ISpconfig error/warning log is empty.