Mailbox quota

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Trix, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Trix

Trix Member

Hey,

I started setting up packages (templates) and wanted to test out the mailbox limits warning. I have checked the send quota warning to administrator and client.
    I have limited on mailbox to a smaller size and sent a message that would exceed the quota of the mailbox.
    The email returned back a mailbox full message to the email account i tried to send from but i didnt get any email on my administrator and client email.

1) Does the quota warning in case of a client go to the mailbox that is under quoate restriction or to the email that is specified in the clients section?
    2) Any ideeas what could be wrong or how could i debug this?
    3) Is there any way to send emails to client if their mailbox quota is at 85% and not when its full?

Many thanks,
    Trix

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1: It is sent to the email address of the client.
    2: If the email is rejected, it is not in the mailbox and therefore not within the quota. Also, the quota gets calculated at night, so you would have to wait.
    3: The warning is sent before it's full, I'm not sure at how many %, but I thought it was 90.

Trix likes this.
  3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The email goes out from a cronjob which is run at midnight, simply wait and it will probably show up (or at least a failed email attempt will be in your mail logs).
    Yep, hard coded to send at 90%.

Trix likes this.
  4. Trix

Trix Member

Thanks guys for the help. Dunno why but it didnt want to work and after i set up a SMTP account for the sending in the system settings now the emails are delivered.

Cheers.

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a known bug in 3.1.15p3 which is fixed in 3.2. See https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5620

6. Trix

Trix Member

Thanks for the information good to know. Will be waiting for the release of 3.2

Cheers

Th0m likes this.