Mailbox resync deleted oulook customer subscriptions to IMAP

Discussion in 'General' started by ispcomm, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

I got a problem on all mail boxes using imap (mostly outlook clients, but some webmail only). Basically, all imap users lost access to their imap subscriptions in outlook. At least one rule added via webmail had to be redone.

This is a multiserver setup with separate mail servers. I added one more server and forced a mailbox resync to propagate the settings and mailbox information to the new server.

Other than that, I upgraded ispconfig on all servers, beforehand.

I'm not sure what caused the problem and where outlook keeps its own subsciptions.

EDIT: Looks like the file for subscriptions is /Maildir/subscriptions
    Is it possible that a Mail resync via the tools menu in the web interface deletes or regenerates this file ?
    Any hints?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats possible. I'll have to look into that, please make a bugreport so I can check that for the 3.1 release.

3. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Done. While at it, I added another report for Mail sync issue (routing and recipients are not propagated to new servers).

PS: I must apologize for my zero progress on the dovecot-dbox patch I started last year. To my excuse, it's been a hard year and no time do anything but the essential server housekeeping.

4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The update-function in the mail_plugin does not write a subscription-file. In 3.1 there is some "subscribe code" for dovecot with mdbox. I can´t find any line in the current release, that changes the Maildir during a resync / update.

5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Indeed - there is no function to resny the routing. ;) I will add this to 3.1

6. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Will have to dig trough backups to see what changed :(