Maildir Not Working?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mikey3521, Aug 18, 2006.

1. mikey3521

mikey3521 New Member

Hello, So after some fiddling around with DNS my server now recieves the mail being sent to it, but I have a feeling the Maildir isn't working correctly.

If i'm in the shell and I goto

/var/www/web1/Maildir/new/
    or
    /var/www/web1/mike/Maildir/new

i see files in there, but when using outlook or webmail I see "No New E-mails", now i've gone and checked off the "Maildir" under the management settings alright so I know it's not that, any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

which pop3 daemon do you have installed?

3. mikey3521

mikey3521 New Member

which ever was listed in the "How To - Perfect Setup 3.1 Debian" tutorial... Followed it to the letter

4. till

The howto lists two options.

Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

5. mikey3521

mikey3521 New Member

Here you are:

Code:
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     1696/inetd
    tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     1696/inetd
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     3827/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     1696/inetd
    tcp        0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     1696/inetd
    tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     2115/apache2
    tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     2084/ispconfig_http
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     2259/proftpd: (acce
    tcp        0      0 server1.hotkeypr:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2244/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2244/named
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     926/sshd
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     2244/named
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     2223/master
    tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     2115/apache2

6. till

Run these commands to install courier:

ipopd and UW-IMAP will then be replaced.

Then configure Postfix to deliver emails to a user's Maildir*: