maillog.datum not getting deleted

Discussion in 'General' started by bolero, Aug 24, 2009.

1. bolero

bolero New Member

CentOS 5.3 up-to-date, ispconfig is 2.2.25 or so.
    Exactly starting July 1 maillogs on one of my ispconfig setups kept staying in /var/log and were not getting deleted. I have several exactly identical setups and only this one is behaving like this.

Running /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php manually didn't show any errors or other output (besides grep was missing maillog.0). And no maillog.datum was kept.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. How can I check if the stats it should generate *are* generated, for instance? Ideas what might cause this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Look at the statistics tab of the website, there is a email column.

3. bolero

bolero New Member

Ok, it looks like stats for mail are getting generated as normal. Makes it even more mysterious why it doesn't get deleted afterwards.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you enabled in the ispconfig server settings to keep the mail log?

5. bolero

bolero New Member

No, I double-checked that. Also, AFAIR the file is saved as "maillog.ispconfigsave" and not as "maillog.datum".
    I'm starting to suspect that the script simply runs in a timeout. The maillog file was usually several 100 MB during the last time because the default CentOS logrotate rotates it only once per week. I had changed this a few days ago to take size into account and compress it as well. Now the maillog file is much smaller because it is rotated away daily. I still got a kept file yesterday, but not today. So, I'm not sure if this issue is completely solved, but at least it is partly solved.