Mailman and Postfix sync

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Cypouz, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Cypouz

Cypouz New Member

Hi!
    System: ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p3 with Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 "Wheezy".
    Mailman and Postfix don't seem to be well synced. Simply adding a mailing-list in ISPConfig isn't enough to work (no any virtual user created). In addition, deleting a mailing-list in ISPConfig doesn't sync /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman and /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please upate to latest ispconfig (3.0.5.4p5) and tst again.

3. Cypouz

Cypouz New Member

Hum, OK, it works :) Sorry for the noise.
    But one more thing: ISPConfig allows creating mailing-list with special characters in name, which are not really created by Mailman because of these special characters. ISPConfig would prevent or alert the user completing this field.

4. Cypouz

Cypouz New Member

After several tests, I'm not sure that Mailman is well integrated with ISPConfig. I have to manually operate genaliases and postmap.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Both cmmands are run by ispconfig automatically. Did you choose to reconfigre services during update, maybe your config is outdated?

6. Cypouz

Cypouz New Member

It's effectively possible that my config is outdated. It's not so easy because of many customization in config files. If I reconfigure services, I will have to check all config files in order to reapply modifications (hoping to forget any). I prefer handle with care on a production server...
    There is good practice about config files modification? Any way to don't lose customization?

Concerning Mailman in ISPConfig, is it possible to specify a different URL_HOST? ISPConfig apply by default the chosen domain name but it's not necessarily a good thing relatively to Apache URL rewriting. I would prefer to centralize lists web-pages on a unique domain, keeping ability to create multi-domains mailing-lists (as in command line). Is it possible to add a field for URL_HOST in ISPConfig?