Mailman broken

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sharone, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Sharone

Sharone Member

Hi support,
    I tried to apt-get upgrade on my mail server (Ubuntu 14.04) and I probably broke mailman and now I get the error below in my mailq.

Code:
    ...(temporary failure. Command output: local: fatal: execvp /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: No such file or directory)...
    Nothing happens when I start/stop/status mailman service. Please help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to create the directory:

mkdir /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman

3. Sharone

Sharone Member

Thank you for your response. I have done that, still nothing - mailq still growing

4. Sharone

Sharone Member

Sorry, thank you, I had to change the permission for the mailman file. Much appreciated!

5. sonik14

sonik14 New Member

I am having the same issue. After creating the dir, I get permission denied. I have assigned permission, but I still get the same error. All this happened after migrating to a new server using debian 11 and ISPConfig 3.2.7p1 (mailman doesn't seem to be installed, only mailman3 is installable though which is not compatible with ISPConfig as I have read in this forum). Any help?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

sonik14 likes this.
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your problem is indeed completely different from the very old thread you posted in. Debian 11 has no mailman 2 package, that's why Debian 11 ISPConfig systems do not have mailman support.

sonik14 likes this.