mailman changes in ispconfig aren't applied to /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by mircsicz, Oct 8, 2015.

1. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you turn on debugging in ispconfig to see if the mailman plugin is called? ISPConfig uses the nrrmal newlist command inside the plugin to create the mailinglist, the mailman config is then created by mailman itself.

3. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

THX, just enabled debug and tested:

Code:
    08.10.2015-21:19 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    08.10.2015-21:19 - DEBUG - Found 1 changes, starting update process.
    08.10.2015-21:19 - DEBUG - Calling function 'delete' from plugin 'mailman_plugin' raised by event 'mail_mailinglist_delete'.
    08.10.2015-21:19 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 1073
    08.10.2015-21:19 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    08.10.2015-21:22 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    08.10.2015-21:22 - DEBUG - Found 1 changes, starting update process.
    08.10.2015-21:22 - DEBUG - Calling function 'insert' from plugin 'mailman_plugin' raised by event 'mail_mailinglist_insert'.
    08.10.2015-21:22 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 1074
    08.10.2015-21:22 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    Now that I enabled debug I can see that it writes changes to /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman, but the older playlist's are missing... How can I restore those?

4. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

And I just realized the whatever I enter into the "Email" field is ignored and the adress is created from the combination of "Listname" and "Domain"

That really is a issue for me, because I planned to add the client's name in front of the Listname to have it kind of sorted by clientname...

Edit: Seems to be a known behaviour: http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/ind...=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  5. till

The email address is the address of the list administrator while the list name is the name of the list, so the email field is not ignored. From newlist command manpage:

Usage: /usr/sbin/newlist [options] [listname [listadmin-addr [admin-password]]]

So I wont use the list administrator email address as list name. You wont be able to specify an administrator address then anymore. Just select the right email domain and enter the list name, this will result in the address of the mailinglist.

If you havent used the lists then I would delete and recreate them.

6. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

THX, got that, I've created the new lists that way...

But I can't simply recreate the old one's, there are like 10 lists and about 100 people subscribed!
    And if I send mail it's rejected:
    Code:
    <[email protected]>: host domain.foo[166.66.44.244] said: 550 5.1.1
       <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
       virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.foo-solutions.de
    X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 921C94F4342C
    X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
    Arrival-Date: Fri,  9 Oct 2015 16:35:34 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; domain.foo
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address
       rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
    So hoe do I reimport that?

7. till

You can try to add the missing lines in /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman manually by copying a section of an existing list and modifying it to match the old list name. Then run:

postmap /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman

to create the hashed version of the file.

8. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

Cool, wasn't sure if that's all... THX

9. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

I think there's a bug in the interface, because genaliases didn't postmap the virtual-mailman file on a manual run.
    Generally the prob was that the URLHOST of the list's were changed by withlist some weeks ago...

10. till

The mailman plugin runs a postmap on the file after it creates the list. Take a look at the code of the mailman plug in in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/

11. mircsicz

mircsicz New Member

THX, prob was that you can't set a seperate Admin-URL... After I moved the webinterface to the same URL as the Mail-Domain it now works as expected...

I didn't have issue's with setups like that in my old installations, but with ISPconfig it seems to be impossible to have a different http-URL.