Mailman or Majordomo

Discussion in 'General' started by fobicodam, Jan 30, 2007.

1. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Hi, is there any tip to install Mailman or Majordomo over an ispconfig ready installation?

Majordomo looks to dirty to install, but may be there is some interface to handle it.

Mailman is webbased, i guess some install steps must be done with the Apache directives field (really better, as i can handle the service "by site")

Any tip?

2. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Hi,

I have worked on a Mailman Addon for ISPConfig. It works only with Postfix an Debian, but it should be easy to adapt it to any Distribution.

Actually the patch is being reviewed by Till, so when he is finished, I will send it to a larger audience for better testing and debuging.

So If you want an integrated sollution you will have to wait. Or you can just install Mailman and use it's own interface, it's not very difficult, and I can give you a hint if you encounter a problem.

3. ustoopia

ustoopia Member

Any news on this subject? I'm very interested in installing mailman. But I won't do it until I'm certain it won't break my ispconfig or postfix configuration.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The patch has been integrated in the ISPConfig unstable branch and is part of ISPConfig 2.3.2. It generally works, but there might be still some issues with this and it only works on debian.

5. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

And it needs alot of more testing. It should not be to difficult to use it with other distros (maybe just a matter of changing path). A good news is that patching Mailman in debian is not more necessary (A new version containig a fix for the bug I reported has entred etch a long time ago)

I didn't get any feedback on this feature, so If someone is using it, please get in touche with me.

6. ustoopia

ustoopia Member

I am more then willing to test it out on a debian server. I just need to find some xtra spare time to do so because unfortunately time is not on my side. Neither is it my best friend cause she always works against me but I will try.
    Any findings I will correspond back to you.

7. Gza

Gza New Member

Hi I've tried using it in mandriva 2007.0 , but it not works :(

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

and i don't know, where can I search the solution.
    TIA

Gza

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What exactly does not work? Do you see any errors in your logs?

9. Gza

Gza New Member

As i wrote in other thread:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

it seems to be works, in ISPCONFIG interface, but the list wasn't be created

the error msg in log:

WARN - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_postfix.lib.php, Line 208: WARNING: could not /usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -i /tmp/Mailman-www.mysite.tld.teszt-l.aliases www.mysite.tld.teszt-l

and nothing other.

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you run this command
    Code:
    /usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -i /tmp/Mailman-www.mysite.tld.teszt-l.aliases www.mysite.tld.teszt-l
    on the shell? Do you get any error messages?