Mailman - tryng to make it work

Discussion in 'Technical' started by smokinjo, Jan 6, 2018.

1. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

Hello,

I have been using ISPConfig for awhile. It allowed me to manage my server with out lots of Linux skills(though I have had other help when really needed)
    I have tried to make mailman work by creating mailing lists via ISPConfig, but it has never worked.
    I have looked around, and I see a lot of mailman files scattered throughout the server. So, it seems to be installed.
    Before trying to look at what is wrong, can someone explain the logic used with ISPConfig for crating and using a mailing list?
    1 - is there a mailman page for each and every domain for which I have a mailing list?
    2 - how am I able to see the log in and info page for each domain mailman list?

I will be upfront and honest, I started a couple of months ago really learning Linux on a level more than just a user. I have a long way to go. I also see play with Mailman a first crack and using my newly found skill sand also gaining some practical hand on experience.
    So, bear with me and my seemingly non Linux guru like questions:)

Thanks for the answers. I will have lots more questions by the time this quest is finished:)

Thanks

Joseph

HuanPham likes this.
  2. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Which server tutorial did you follow when you installed ISPConfig?

3. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

I used the perfect installation for Debian 7, Wheezy, as found on the ISPConfoig site.
    Thanks
    Joseph