Mailman URL not correct

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pzajda, Apr 22, 2022.

1. pzajda

pzajda Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

I have some issues with Mailman:
    1. I've just created a Mailman list on a domain. Unfortunately, the Nginx virtual host has not been modified so I have a 404 webpage for all link in the different mails.
    What could have caused this virtual host to be not updated to include Mailman URI? And is there something I could do to fix it?
    2. For a previously created list, it is another issue: I migrated from the server where I created this second list but in all mails, it is the host name of the old server which is writen. Where can I modify this?

I am on Debian Bullseye and installed mailman uting Buster package.
    But as the mailing has been created, I don't see any reason why ISPConfig would have not also modified the virtual host.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Website virtual hosts do not include mailman and don't get modified for mailman. mailman lists are reachable on the server hostname only.

3. pzajda

Thanks. But why the old server name is still used for the list I migrated and why the new one do not use the server host name?
    Most strange, if I use the server host name to access a list, I have a 403.

4. pzajda

To update the URL for the old list, I run this command:
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/mailman/bin/
    ./withlist -l -a -r fix_url -- -v

I read on this article.
    But I still do not understand why it does not work when I call a Mailman URL using my server host name, I get a 403 forbiden as I would try to go to the URL of an empty directory.

EDIT: for the fixed URL now I have to modify host_name setting of the list because now the unsubscribe e-mail address for example is @server.example.com
    But it works.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  5. pzajda

I finally modified /etc/nginx/sites-enabled to include Mailman directives.
    And in the case some lists would be created using website domain, I created a Nginx snipet I could choose to use.

I am not convinced it is the best solution but it works as expected.