Mailman

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by felan, May 4, 2020.

1. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

Quick question.
    Will mailman work without problems, if I install it after I've installed ispconfig? And will it work on a system that has mail server seperate from the webserver?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to reconfigure services afterward and it needs to be installed on the mail server.

If you want to be able to access the mailman web interface, then the mail server must run a webserver to allow access to mailman.

felan likes this.
  3. felan

Thanks Till.
    I tried to make a manual update using the manual update, running php -q update.php but I keep getting this error:
    Code:
    Wrong SQL-mode. You should use NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION. Add

sql-mode="NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

to the mysqld-section in your mysql-config on this server and restart mysqld afterwards
    But the problem is that it's already set on both master and slave server... Any ideas?
    EDIT
    Ok added
    [mysqld]
    sql-mode="NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
    directly in /etc/mysql/my.cnf Strange because it should have taken all the configurations from mariadb.conf.d directory... Oh well... Works now. Now I just need to find out why apache gives me a 404 with mailman :p

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  4. felan

Got apache working too. Last issue is that the welcome email send by mailman contains the URL for a domain on server1 where the mailman is on server2... And that doesn't work. Do you by any chance know where I can alter that?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The only mailman config file that ISPConfig edits during install is the mm_cfg.py. The other parts are runtime configurations, you might have to take a look into the ISPConfig mailman server plugin for that. Server plugins are in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/

6. felan

Will take a look at it, thanks :)