Mailman3 configuration ispconfig_update.sh

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by etron770, Jul 12, 2023.

1. etron770

etron770 New Member

How can I tell IspConfig, that there are additional mailman3 configuration entries at main.conf.
    Just now they will be overridden by ispconfig_update.sh with reconfiguration option.
    Do I use /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/main.cf?
    Must I write the additional entry, for example:

Code:
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman3/data/virtual-mailman

or the complete item

Code:
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman3/data/virtual-mailman,

proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,

proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf,

proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    or the complete main.cf.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I thought ISPConfig does not support Mailman 3?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not support Mailman 3, but I guess he wants to install it manually. You must copy the template of the service you like to customize from install/tpl/ folder of the ISPConfig tar.gz file to the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ and then alter the template to match your custom config.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

@etron770 if you can share how you make mailman3 works on your ISPConfig server will be nice.

I did attempt to transition to it few times but failed so I stop because I can't focus much to make it works due to real life things.

If you can share your steps, others may benefit from them, and further help to make them better and available for all ISPConfig users.

till likes this.
  5. etron770

etron770 New Member

I found a couple of hints until i solved it.
    Sorry I am not allowed to post clickable links.
    1. I used the automatic installation howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    2. I added a local Mysql user with root priviliges but no password. You will be asked for a root user, but there is no possibility to enter a password. At this stage, you must use your local root user without a password. Just now, I do not know if it is possible to remove it later. If you choose MySQL, you will need about 6Gb memory. If not, you will get lost connections between mailman and MySQL. I preferred MySQL. I moved the database to an additional pure MySQL server. Attention, you will need two MySQL databases predefined, a user f.e mailman3 and mailman3-web. And it is a little handwork if you want to go back from the default sqlight3 database to MySQL in a production installation.
    3. Then I installed mailman3-full
    4. the hints I followed additional
      linuxcloudvps.com/blog/how-to-install-mailman3-on-debian-11/
      appuals.com/no-module-named-mysqldb/
      serverfault.com/questions/733304/getting-mailman3-to-play-nicely-with-postfix-and-dovecot#733374
    Hopefully, I remembered all the things.

ahrasis likes this.