Mailscan & Spamfilter & Antivirus

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by PoleCat, Apr 4, 2007.

1. PoleCat

PoleCat New Member

I have had a few customers ask if they can globally enable virus/spam protection for all users, instead of going through the tabs and manually enabling them all for every user.
    I must agree with them here, by default a user would like to have virus scanning and a spamfilter. Not having a spamfilter is email suicide these days. Now enabling each option for every user manually is VERY time consuming.

Can you guys come up with a way of globally enabling Mailscan/Spamfilter and Antivirus per site? Maybe if the Mailscan/Spamfilter/Antivirus was on the first page when creating a user and you can enable it there, instead of the other tabs, that will save ALOT of time. Then the other tabs can stay the way they are for more advanced functions. Just move the 3x checkboxes for Mailscan/Spamfilter/Antivirus over to the first page where you create a new email user. I would also suggest moving the "Spam Strategy" and "Spam Hits" option across onto the front page as well.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. Mazak

Mazak New Member

How can I make MailScan, Antivirus and Spamfilter to be default enabled?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

This isn't possible yet, you have to enable it one by one.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There might be one solution, but I did not test it. If you change the defaults of the fields for these three options in the mysql database table, it might be possible to enable them by default.