main.cf or master.cf

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jboud, Jan 13, 2017.

1. jboud

jboud Member

Debian 64 8.6
    ISPConfig version is 3.1.1p1

Hello,
    I was setting up a new server and used the tutorial https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...8-4-jessie-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/
    My Vserver provider provided me with Debian 64, it wasn't the 8.4 but 8.6, I found that out in the end.
    Everything looks fine but I guess something is wrong with postfix, as it produced some errors during the installation.

Code:
    ------
    Configuring Postgrey
    Configuring Postfix
    postalias: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory
    postmap: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory
    postmap: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory
    PHP Warning:  copy(/etc/postfix/main.cf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 992
    ------

------
    PHP Warning:  copy(/etc/postfix/main.cf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/debian60.lib.php on line 80
    Configuring Spamassassin
    Configuring Amavisd
    PHP Warning:  copy(/etc/postfix/main.cf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 1331
    ------
    There is no main.cf in /etc/postfix/ there's only master.cf
    Is there something I can do to fix this installation or should I scrap it and start from the beginning? This server is not yet production, so I cannot tell if emails are working or not.

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

that's ok, the guide works for all 8.x versions.

I can only guess, maybe your provider had postfix preinstalled without any configuration or he removed the main.cf from it's image as the main.cf get's added automatically by the debian installer.

try this:

dpkg-reconfigure postfix

and answer the questions. Then check if the main.cf is there. If it is there, download ispconfig again, unpack it and run the update.php script in the install folder. Choose to reconfigure services during update.

3. jboud

jboud Member

Love you Till, looks it's ok now.