Main.cf postfix garbled due to previous configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BèrKessels, Nov 14, 2006.

1. BèrKessels

BèrKessels New Member

Hello,

I am in the middle of a transition of an existing, production machine. The current system is using LDAP with a PHP front-end for its Vhost configuration.
    I have already configured apache so far that it runs newly added ISPConfig domains fine.

But postfix is confused/broken. What is need is
    a) some (detailed) explanation on why certain configuration options are needed for ISPConfig.
    b) ... to know whether ispconfig changed main.cf during its installation. And if so, how I can enforce it to rerun only that main.cf generation again.
    c) where ISPconfig stores the mail, the relay_hosts, the local-delivery-table and the aliases. And in what format this is stored.

I need to know this, in order to convert my LDAP users to postfix, but most important, to make my mail work again :)

Bèr

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

a) ISPConfig stores the users and local domains in files.

For the general postfix configuration, please have a look at the perfect setup guide for your linux distribution:

http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm

The ISPConfig installer adds only these two lines to the main.cf:

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable
    mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names

b) You cant.

c) Mail is stored in /var/spool/mail when you select mbox mail storage or in the Mailditr inside the user directory when you select maildir. Relayhosts is the normal relay file in /etc/postfix. Local delivery table and aliases:

/etc/postfix/virtusertable
    /etc/postfix/local-host-names