main domains ok but not others

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cortexx, Sep 1, 2009.

1. cortexx

cortexx New Member

I have an ISPconfig3 server up and running , main domain website works but the other domains websites return the following error when the site is visited :-

Where am I? (You need to setup your server names in class.config.php) $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] reported: www.albertonveterinary.com

any clues ? The domain albertonveterinary.com points to our public ip number that the server is on. It is hosted by network solutions. it shares the same ip as our main website, domain etc.

I am used to ispconfig2 and am having a hard time trying to get ispconfig3 configured :(

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This must be a problkem with the software that you use in the site and not ISPConfig, as this error message is neither from apache, php nor ispconfig.

Maybe the software you use does not support multiple domains or it needs some kind of special configuration.

First, ISPConfig 3 is much easier to setup but its diffrent then ISPConfig 2 as it is made for multiple servers and not single servers. Also there is no reason to switch to ISPConfig 3 if you dont run multiple servers as server farm.

3. cortexx

cortexx New Member

Hi Till

I used the perfect server setup for centOS5 and ispconfig3

do i need to reinstall it ?

also, are you saying that ispconfig3 cannot support multiple website domains ?

Thanks

Paul

4. cortexx

cortexx New Member

Update:-

Ok i changed the dns info for the sites to loacal ip number (192.168.1.77) but now when i visit sites the first website works but the others have the standard index page comes up . I tried deleting the basic index.html file because the actual site starts with an index.htm file and it's still pulling the basic "welcome to your website" page.

Where is it pulling it from ?

Thanks

Paul

5. till

I'am talking about the software that you installed in this website and not ISPConfig. ISPConfig supports as many websites as your hardware can handle.

6. till

Just create a website for every sie you want to use and point the domains to the IP of your server. then select this IP in the website settings. Thats all.