main site pointing problem

Discussion in 'General' started by abubin, Apr 14, 2010.

1. abubin

abubin New Member

i recently just pointed one of my subdomain to ispconfig3 server. I have not setup any virtual site for this subdomain therefore it should be pointing to my default webpage which is http://1.2.3.4/

But strangely it is pointing to one of my virtual site with a totally different domain name.

I have looked into /etc/apache2/site-enabled/default and even added the line serveralias sub.domain.com

But it still doesn't work.

But one of my other sub domain which I used for setting up ispconfig is working fine. Any idea how to tackle this problem?

2. abubin

abubin New Member

3. abubin

abubin New Member

wah...still waiting for someone to help with this. The site is life site.

I also compared this ispconfig 3.0.2.1 with another using 3.0.1.6.

In 3016, there is a config file in apache2 called 000-default. But in 3021, this file does not exist. Does this means ispconfig 3021 does not setup default website anymore?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This file is not from ispconfig, it is from debian / ubuntu. If its not there, then there is a problem with the initial server install before ispconfig was installed. You can recreate the file by using the one from your other server.

5. abubin

abubin New Member

huhu..manage to solve this problem.

This is done by renaming default (under sites-enabled) to 000-default. This is because for IP access method, the first site defined with port 80 will be the default site. That is in my sites-enabled folder (ubuntu). So, as long as the default site is at the topmost of the folder it becomes the default site.