make error in compiling php7.0.33 on ubuntu 18.04

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, May 6, 2019.

1. pawan

pawan Member

I am getting this error on make;
    ml2 -lxml2 -lxml2 -lxml2 -lxslt -lxml2 -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lcrypt -o sapi/cli/php
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-client.a(osdep.o): In function `ssl_onceonlyinit.part.9':
    (.text+0x61ce): warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
    /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-client.a(osdep.o): undefined reference to symbol 'TLS_server_method@@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
    //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:297: recipe for target 'sapi/cli/php' failed
    make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

I used the configure command as below which was okay.
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/php-7.0.33 --with-pdo-pgsql --with-zlib-dir --with-freetype-dir --enable-mbstring --with-libxml-dir=/usr --enable-soap --enable-calendar --with-curl --with-mcrypt --with-zlib --with-gd --with-pgsql --disable-rpath --enable-inline-optimization --with-bz2 --with-zlib --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-pcntl --enable-mbregex --enable-exif --enable-bcmath --with-mhash --enable-zip --with-pcre-regex --with-pdo-mysql --with-mysqli --with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-openssl --with-fpm-user=www-data --with-fpm-group=www-data --with-libdir=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-ftp --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --with-kerberos --with-gettext --with-xmlrpc --with-xsl --enable-opcache --enable-fpm

how I can fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There seems to be an incompatibility between the openssl version that is installed on the system with what the PHP 7.0 code expects.

You can use the precompiled PHP packages from https://deb.sury.org/ instead of compiling them manually when you use Debian and for Ubuntu, there are precompiled packages available as well.