Make File Modifications Permanent

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jkounis, Jul 10, 2014.

1. jkounis

jkounis New Member

I have made the following file modifications. How can I assure that these changes are not lost when I upgrade ISPconfig?

• /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/www.conf: changed "listen = /var/run/php5-fpm.sock" to "listen = 127.0.0.1:9000", because /var/run/php5-fpm.sock doesn't work
    • /etc/nginx/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost: Uncommented phpmyadmin link. Added /roundcube. Changed /webmail to point to roundcube
    • /etc/postfix/main.cf: added smtp_tls_policy_maps
    • /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl: Added my own certificates

I know you're usually supposed to modify templates at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf_custom, but I can only find a template for php_fpm_pool.conf.master. In this file, it looks like I need to set the variable use_tcp, because I need the following to be true: "<tmpl_if name='use_tcp'>". I cannot figure out how to set "use_tcp" to true.

For the other files (ispconfig.vhost and main.cf), I cannot figure out what template files to set to prevent my changes from getting overwritten.

Finally, are the ssl certificates I placed in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl safe?

I purchased the ISPconfig manual, but there is no mention of the conf_custom directory or customization in the book.

2. jkounis

jkounis New Member

I'm using nginx

I forgot to mention, I'm using nginx and I followed this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfe...bind-mysql-php-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig3.

In particular, I can't find the template file that is used to create /etc/nginx/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost. It appears that the following templates are used:

nginx_apps.vhost.master --> /etc/nginx/sites-available/apps.vhost
    nginx_vhost.conf.master --> /etc/nginx/sites-available/ (all other vhosts)
    ???????????????????????? --> /etc/nginx/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost ????