Make (parts of) ISPConfig help section accessible without login

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Abacop, Nov 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Abacop

Abacop New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I just added a FAQ for my users in the "Help"-area of my ISPConfig, Now I asked myself it there is any way to make (at least sections of) this FAQ available publicly even for without their own login for ISPConfig.

The reason I'm asking this: Many users with just an email-address of some domain don't have (and don't need) access to ISPConfig. But since I have a hole section in my FAQ about email configuration and functionality of Roudcube it would be great to have a public FAQ for these users.

Since I noticed that https://panel.example.com:8080/help/ gives me a blank site (instead of 404) I'm wondering if there is already such functionality and I just missed to find it. If not, maybe this is something to move into "Feature Requests". ;-)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is currently no built-in option to make the FAQ section visible to not logged-in users. I've moved your post to the feature request forum.

3. bch

bch Member

I would love if the forum software got updated. Tons of new features has been added since 2018... I know it's not free though.

4. till

An update is in the works. The issue is not the price of the software, it's that the new versions have a new API and I'll have to write all customizations again from scratch first to be able to install the update :)

bch likes this.
  5. till

Maybe we should change the topic of this thread? If I understand the thread starter correctly, he would like to make the help (faq) section that exists inside the ISPConfig control panel externally accessible to his users. So maybe something like 'Make ISPConfig help section accessible without login' or so might be a more suitable title?

6. Abacop

Abacop New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good idea. You understood my intention exactly right.