Manage postfix config through the UI

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by francoisPE, Dec 13, 2020.

1. francoisPE

francoisPE Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I know that it is quite old, but, it is exactly the topic I want to discuss.
    Is it possible to manage this postfix configuration in ispconfig web interface ?
    As far as I see it, in isp web I choose server and in master.cf, etc... I manage IPs. Am I correct ?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Many of the settings are reflected in postfix config, but there's not a file editor to directly edit the config.

3. francoisPE

Ok, thank you.
    I will avoid then because it's very complexe to keep uptodate !
    ;)

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

postfix config is actually the one place where this is no longer as much of a pain, as of 3.2 there are some version-specific config files which are read incrementally, after the main postfix template, and those versioned templates are not likely to change real often (and though you should probably still check them, they are very small). So eg. I have this in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/postfix_3-3.conf.master to configure postfwd:
    Code:
    # Postfix configuration for version 3.3 and up

# 3.2 and earlier should not have this set when using reject_unverified_recipient
    enable_original_recipient = no

smtpd_restriction_classes = greylisting,postfwd
    postfwd = check_policy_service unix:private/postfwd
    smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = postfwd

The smtpd_restriction_classes line from the main postfix template is overridden here, and I put the other 2 related lines to simply keep them in the same place. But I don't have to track debian_postfix.conf.master changes anymore.

Also note that some postfix settings are hard-coded in the server plugin, so eg. changing server config (especially switch between amavis and rspamd) will force some settings that are not read from any templates. There isn't a nice solution for all of those currently, but there aren't many of them.

5. francoisPE

What you mean is that I can create several files : one per IP address. Am I correct ?