managesieve not functioning

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by blinden, Jul 16, 2015.

1. blinden

blinden Member

Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (Fully updated)
    ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8
    I recently did the upgrade to the newest patch from I think 3.0.5.4p6, after doing this I had to reboot the server because mysql was hung for somre reason. The server had been running for probably about 6 months prior to this without a reboot. A user noticed when in roundcube, if I go to the filters I get an error message of "Unable to connect to server". Doing some quick investigation, I found this error in the roundcube error logs:
    [16-Jul-2015 10:26:15 America/New_York] Connection refused (111):
    [16-Jul-2015 10:26:15 -0400]: PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on localhost:4190 in /usr/share/roundcube/plugins/managesieve/managesieve.php on line 308 (GET /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
    [16-Jul-2015 10:26:15 America/New_York] Not currently in AUTHORISATION state (1):
    [16-Jul-2015 10:26:15 America/New_York] Not currently connected (1):

I tried to Telnet localhost 4190 and got a connection refused.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Managesieve is not used and configured by ispconfig. If you use it on your server, then you must have enabled it manually in dovecot conf and you might have to redo that after an update.

Shusterman26 likes this.
  3. blinden

blinden Member

Ahh, that makes sense, it's been so long since I did it I must have forgotten.

4. andresgt2000

andresgt2000 Member

High Till

I hope you are very well.

I want to know if ISPConfig 3.1 now support dovecot-managesieve config.

I am looking in the forum about enble it in ISPconfig and it looks like it has to be configured manually because I am interest in improve imap filters.

In the installation manuals is not used and in the answers of the forums they make refence to ISPconfig 3.0

In the specification of 3.1 not says nothing about it

Is posible enable it and not break ispconfig?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no managesieve support currently, though it's very simple to setup - just add 'sieve' to dovecot protocols (in a conf-custom file so you don't loose your changes). Don't forget your firewall rules to allow connections to the daemon.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/3395

6. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i want to talk again about this topic, as i want to use sieve in another webmail which cant connect to the sieve port 4190. I am new with sieve and have some questions. In ISP i can configure Mail Filter and Autoresponder. How is the technical configuration in ISP for that? Does it work with sieve? In you link they say ISP uses 99-ispconfig-managesieve.conf, but i dont have this config file. And can you point my to a document or give an advice for setup sieve in debian, or can i "simple" active it and configure the firewall to use it. My concern is that i damage the working ISP..
    thx for clearing that

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, both the filters and autoresponder utilize sieve under the hood in a dovecot server (is courier even supported in 3.1 and later?)
    Right below the mention of that filename they posted the contents of the file. In debian 8 you don't have to create that, just install the dovecot-managesieved package and add this to dovecot.conf:
    Code:
    !include conf.d/20-managesieve.conf
    Then I think you have to uncomment the 'protocols' line in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf

Make sure you make your dovecot.conf changes in a conf-custom file - don't edit dovecot.conf directly except for testing, or your changes will be overwritten when you update ispconfig.