Managing multiple connections & Dyndns accounts

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Camomille, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Camomille

Camomille Member

Hello,

I'd like to know your opinion before making wrong or unnecessary installs. I actually have 3 independant internet connections associated with 3 dyndns accounts. There is a great probability that 2 additionnal connections are installed in the coming weeks or months.
    I am planning to run 5 virtual machines in a "5 network cards physical machine". This should allow me to :
    1. connect to all machines.
    2. monitor and manually update dyndns adresses when they are down.
    3. use some unused download possibilities ;)

What do you think about my plan? Do I make it complicated as usual ;) ???

Great thanks for your help, comments and suggestions.

Camomille

2. tebokkel

tebokkel New Member

I know of a way to make it even more complicated!! :cool:

Just use one physical network interface, plug it in a switch (or hub) where the all 3 (or 5) connections are on. If they're al NAT, just make sure they don't overlap on IP-space, or put the gateway's on different IP-addresses.

Also, use just one VM, with the right settings, you could really make it work..
    http://www.shorewall.net/MultiISP.html

Paul

(but basically, it should work. However, regular people would use routers for this.. :p )

3. Camomille

Camomille Member

Thanks for your answer.

I didn't know Shorewall and it seems to be what I was looking for ! I'll first try to understand "how and what" before installing.
    Better know where I go before I begin. It will take some time as I still belong to the "regular people" ;) ;)

Great thanks again for your answer.

Camomille