mandriva 2006

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kwickcut, Dec 14, 2005.

1. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

i have gotten this far and dont know what to do now need some input on this part thanks for the help

postconf -e 'smtpd_sasl_local_domain ='
    postconf -e 'smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes'
    postconf -e 'smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous'
    postconf -e 'broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes'
    postconf -e 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination'
    postconf -e 'inet_interfaces = all'
    postconf -e 'mydomain = example.com'
    postconf -e 'myhostname = server1.$mydomain'
    postconf -e 'mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names, localhost.example.com'

touch /etc/postfix/local-host-names

kwick

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This are all shell commands that modify your postfix main.cf configuration. You must execute these commands line by line on the shell.

Its always a good idea to use an SSH client like putty for windows to connect to your server, then you can copy and paste the lines to the shel and execute them.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's your problem here? As Till said, these are shell commands that you can simply paste into an SSH client like PuTTY to be executed.

4. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok so i dont have to add anything to them. i just seen some of them have = and i thought maybe i had to add something to the end thanks

kwick

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, you don't have to add anything. :) Just make sure you use your own details in

Code:
    postconf -e 'mydomain = example.com'
    postconf -e 'myhostname = server1.$mydomain'
    postconf -e 'mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names, localhost.example.com'