manually triger changes made directly in database

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by blocker, Feb 16, 2015.

1. blocker

blocker Member

Hello All,

is there a way I can trigger changes made directly in the DB

for example change of the website name from domainA.com to domainB.com - if I make that directly in the database only the interface shows domainB.com but in real on the FS and the apache config comtains still domainA.com

If I go manually for SAVE after making some small change to the website, for example remove error doc, the change gets applied also on the FS and the apache conf

I need to do that for a number of websites and ssh jailkit users

Thanks for your help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See Tools > resync in ISPConfig.

3. blocker

blocker Member

Hi Till, thanks for the hint :) it is clearly my RTFM problem :)
    after I started a "Resync Websites" everything is fine, but in /var/www I can see old sym link and the new one, also in /etc/apache2/sites-available, there are also new and old vHost config

Is that normal or did I make it wrong?

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is that you cant change domain names directly in the database. You can do that as bulk job with the remote api. If you would change a domain name in the database, how shall the system know what the old domain name was? When ispconfig changes a domain name, then the old and new ae is stored in the sys_datalog, so the system knwoas that it ahs to rname a site and will move the contents of the folders etc.

5. blocker

blocker Member

OK, thaks a lot!!!!
    Do you see any problems if I leave it so as it is? (with dublicate symliks and and duplicate vhosts), the first website names, before the change were dummy...

regards