Manually Updating Zone Files

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wxman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. wxman

wxman New Member

If I try to manually update my zone files, I don't see the changes in the ISPConfig interface. I'm guessing that's because the interface is drawing from a database, not the file stored in /etc/bind/ (Ubuntu 6.06).

The reason I was doing it manually was just to "fine tune" the file, and because ISPConfig wouldn't let me set up the MX records like I wanted, for a new site I was adding. My server works just fine, and I added one site to it for testing, including MX records. That site works great, and I can send and receive mail from it.

I tried to add a second test site to the server, along with it's MX record so they could get mail, and ISPConfig said it was already an MX record like it. I can't seem to where I did something wrong though. I'm fairly well studied on how to set up zone files, and after manually going through them, they look OK to me; but I'm no expert.

Is there a way to add my changes to the database (if I did it correctly) so they show up in the ISPConfig interface?
    Could I just be setting something up wrong when I use the ISPConfig interface?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That's right.

Please check the recycle bins in ISPConfig if that MX record is already existing.

Only through the ISPConfig interface.

3. wxman

wxman New Member

You would think after all this time, I would remember to check the recycle bin. maybe some electric shock therapy would help.

Needless to say it works fine now.

Thanks much.